- That the people of France would, as Jeremiah did in Lamentations 3, remember the true God of the Bible and have hope. Lamentations 3:21
- That the people would be comforted in the Lord because his compassions fail not and his mercies are new every day. Lamentations 3:22-23
- That the Lord would guide people into hope through quietness and solitude where they can reflect on their own relationship with Jesus Christ. That they will find both present and eternal hope in Him. Lamentations 3:25-33
- That the people would not be ashamed of standing on true moral, Biblical truth and right as they continue to fight this battle against terrorism. That their leadership would have discernment regarding what is truly evil and what is truly good. Psalms. 25:2
- That their enemies would not triumph over them in bringing about more evil deeds, in defeating their courage or their trust in the one true God. Psalms 25:2
- That those who continue to transgress without cause, taking innocent lives would be in disarray, in conflict with one another and ultimately exposed and defeated. Psalms 25:3
- That their leaders, law enforcement and protection forces would have wisdom and insight. That they would seek God in their efforts to destroy evil and that God would direct their paths. Psalms 25:4
- That rather than turning against the true God of the Bible in anger or discouragement, the people of France would turn to God. That they would trust his mercy, his lovingkindness and goodness to those who follow him. Psalms 25:5
Take some time to read through Psalms 25 and Lamentations 3 and let these passages help guide you as you seek to pray for Paris and France as a whole. Tragedies such as this raise many deep and difficult questions about God, his love, his control and his goodness. While no human can answer all these questions, we believe the Bible has answers for the problems of evil and suffering. We would be glad to talk further with you or have you join us for a service soon. We all wrestle with these issues and we would be happy to point you to the truths we have learned in years of studying God’s word the Bible. In the meantime, take some time today to pray for France.
Other articles you may be interested in:
What Works When Life Doesn't?
How to have a relationship with God.