Why do we need strength from the Lord?
Is trusting in the Lord for strength just a crutch for weak people?
How does the Lord give us strength anyhow?
Am I strengthened even though I feel weak?
Does the Lord strengthen us physically or only spiritually?
Wednesday Evenings at 7PM
Join us for our new series on Sundays as we discuss the Biblical concept of strength from the Lord.
Here are some verses to prompt your thinking and encourage you as you begin to meditate on this:
Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:6-7 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (Read More...)
Psalms 18:32-34 - [It is] God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. (Read More...)
Philippians 2:13 - For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.
Hebrews 4:15 - For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.
1 Chronicles 22:13 - Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and judgments which the LORD charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.
Other verses we will consider - Isa. 30:15, Isa. 58:11, Mark 12:30, Romans 4:20, Ephesians 3:16 and more.
You may also be interested in the book. The Strength You Need by Robert J. Morgan.
Often we enjoy Christmas more than Easter. There are many reasons, but in reality Easter is more important. True that we wouldn't have one without the other, but here are 15 life-altering results of the resurrection (which we celebrate at Easter) from 1 Corinthians 15. We know that these results are forever valid because Jesus Christ conquered death.
Because Christ rose:
1. We know that the sharing of the Gospel is not in vain, because it is true and truly effective for all who accept it.
2. We know that our reliance and confidence in Christ for salvation from hell is not in vain.
3. We know that we do not have to live a miserable life, even in the face of bleak circumstance and trials.
4. We know that the results of Adam’s sin, such as evil, sickness, hurt, and harm, are only temporal; and the end for those who have a relationship with Jesus Christ is always victorious.
5. We know we are legally justified before the Judge of the Heavens and Earth.
6. We know that the eternal Christ is the eternal substitute who took our punishment before God the Father. Since Jesus has conquered death, there is no chance in eternity that the fact of His substitutionary punishment for us can ever change. We know that we have eternal, secure, abundant life through Jesus Christ.
7. We know that we have complete forgiveness of our sin, covering for our shame and guilt. We do not have to expect God’s wrath or punishment for our sin.
8. We know this is the one true God and Savior of mankind, since He is the only God who can claim resurrection from the grave. Although He was most certainly killed by the brutality of Roman crucifixion, since he was God, He rose up from death and lives again. He was seen by over 500 people in various places - people who, for the rest of their lives, testified to seeing the risen Christ bearing the scars of crucifixion.
9. We know that those who die with faith in Christ are not dead but alive with Him in Heaven. Those who, while living, accept the Gospel will see them again and live with them for eternity.
10. We know there is hope for victory over our temptations, sinful struggles, and spiritual death.
11. We know there is a new body awaiting us in Heaven, a body without the results of sin. This is an immortal body, one with no pain, disease, or sickness. It is a body that never dies or deteriorates.
12. We know that death, that great enemy, is defeated. It is swallowed up in victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
13. We know that, although some Christians are tortured and killed for their faith, our future hope is sure. As an alternate translation of Martin Luther’s hymn states: “And take they our life, goods, fame, child and wife, Let these all be gone, they yet have nothing won; The kingdom ours remaineth.”
14. We know that we can be steadfast and unmovable in our beliefs, conviction, and doctrine.
15. We know that we can be aggressive and encouraged with our service for the Lord, because our labor is not in vain.
Join us for our Easter Celebration
Join us on Sunday morning at 9:30 for a sermon from Pastor Franseen entitled, “Behold the Emptiness of Easter” and/or at 10:45 for our Easter Celebration service we are calling “Behold the Lamb of Easter”. Come celebrate the fact that Jesus Christ not only died for our sins, but rose again victorious over death and the grave. We have hope because he lives!
You'll enjoy and be encouraged by a morning filled with choir music and inspirational readings that will cause hope to rise in your heart. You too can join in, if you'd like, during our congregational singing. We will conclude with an encouraging message of good news from Gods word, the Bible. We sure can use good news these days right?
He lives! We have salvation, forgiveness, and hope for the future because He lives! Come celebrate with us at Eagle Heights Baptist Church.
Other Articles You May Find Helpful
Failure Isn't Final
Struggling Teens and When God Ran
How to Stop the Yelling at Home
4 Reasons Biblical Love Can be Extremely Romantic
5 Phrases You can Give Someone to Change Their World.
Setting Goals and Moving Ahead for God's Glory
Are You Biblically Wise? Take this Assessment (Also good for assessing a teen son or daughter)
Learn how you can have a relationship with God and eternal life
Here are few links to more info on our church or you can browse this website.
Read about our Leadership
What we believe and teach
Ministries and Programs
Pastor Bob Franseen, Pastor of Eagle Heights Baptist Church & Others